Travel Terms and Conditions
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions shall be to stipulate the details of the travel agreement between HanaTour ITC and Tourist.
Article 2(Obligations of Travel Agency and Tourist)
① Travel Agency shall act as a Travel agency, establish and implement a travel plan of guide, transportation, and lodging, and faithfully carry out its obligations in order to provide the safe and satisfying travel service to Tourist.
② Tourist shall actively cooperate in promoting harmony among Tourists and maintaining the travel order on the part of Travel Agency for the purpose of implementing a safe and fun tour.
Article 3(Types and Definitions of Travel) The types and definitions of travel shall be as follows:
1. Customized tour: a tour provided by Travel Agency, pursuant to the conditions desired by Tourist.
2. Ordinary tour: tour provided by Travel Agency in accordance with its conditions.
3. Entrusted tour: tour established by Travel Agency while its implementation is entrusted to another travel agency.
Article 4(Contract Composition)
① Travel contract shall consist of travel agreement (attached), travel terms and conditions, and travel schedule (or travel brochure).
② Travel schedule (or travel brochure) shall contain the tourist destinations for each day, tour execution dates and provided services by Travel Agency, such as tour specifics, transportation, the number of shopping chances, boarding places, lodging, meals, and tourist cautions.
Article 5(Special Provisions)
Travel Agency and Tourist may make a written special agreement, to the extent that such shall not violate the relevant laws and regulations. In this case, Travel Agency shall inform Tourist that it may be different from the standard terms and conditions.
Article 6(Distribution of Contract and Terms and Conditions, Etc.)
Once a travel contract is entered into and made between Travel Agency and Tourist, Travel Agency shall distribute to Tourist a travel contract, travel terms and conditions, and travel schedule (or travel brochure) one (1) copy each.
Article 7(Deemed Distribution of Contract, Terms and Conditions, Etc.)
The cases in the following subparagraphs shall be deemed as the distribution by Travel Agency of the travel contract, travel terms and conditions, and travel schedule (or travel brochure) to Tourist.
1. When Tourist consents to the contents of travel contract, terms and conditions, and travel schedule (or travel brochure) offered by electronic information network, such as internet, and agrees to the signing of the agreement, and Travel Agency notifies its consent to Tourist via electronic information network or mechanical device, etc.
2. When Travel Agency offers the travel contract, terms and conditions, and travel schedule (or travel brochure) through mechanical device, such as facsimile, to which Tourist submits a written communication stipulating his/her consent and agreement on the contract-signing, and Travel Agency subsequently notifies its consent via electronic information network or mechanical device, etc.
Article 8 (Responsibilities of Travel Agency)
① Travel Agency shall be liable for any damage inflicted upon Tourist due to bad faith or fault on the part of Travel Agency, its employee, local travel agency or its employee, etc. (hereinafter as “Employer” ) in relation with the obligations of travel agency stipulated in Article 2(1) from the tour departure time to the arrival time.
② Travel Agency shall be liable for the damage incurred by Tourist due to delayed departure or arrival or traffic congestion regarding transportation medium, such as airplane, train or ship, etc., provided, however, that the foregoing shall not be applicable when Travel Agency proves the absence of its bad faith or fault.
③ Travel Agency shall carefully execute the receipt, delivery, and storing of Tourist baggage and, Travel Agency shall provide compensation to the damage arising from the loss or destruction of such baggage due to the fault of Travel Agency.
Article 9 (Contract Termination upon Failure to Meet the Minimum Number of Tourists)
① When Travel Agency cancels the travel contract due to the failure to meet the minimum number of tourists, it shall notify Tourist 24 hours prior to the tour departure for a day trip or 48 hours prior to the tour departure for an overnight trip.
② When Travel Agency fails to notify within the deadline of the foregoing paragraph and cancels the contract upon the failure to meet the minimum number of tourists, Travel Agency shall refund the contract deposit already received, in addition to 50% of the contract amount.
Article 10(Refusal to Sign a Contract)
Travel Agency may refuse to sign a contract with Tourist upon the occurrence of any of the grounds in the following subparagraphs:
1. When it is deemed that Tourist causes an inconvenience to others or his/her actions impede the smooth execution of the trip;
2. When it is deemed that Tourist is not able to participate in the tour due to disease or other ground; or
3. When the maximum number of tourists stipulated in the agreement exceeds
Article 11(Travel Fee)
① The basic fee shall include the following, provided, however, that the customized tour fee shall be separately agreed:
1. Transportation fare, such as airplane, ship, train, etc. (in terms of ordinary fare);
2. Pickup bus fare, such as between airplane, station or pier and hotel;
3. Lodging and meal cost;
4. Guide compensation;
5. Various taxes imposed during the tour;
6. Local airport or port fee;
7. Tourist attraction entrance fee within the schedule; or
8. Other expenses for individual contract
② Tourist shall make the contract deposit (no more than 10% of the contract amount) to Travel Agency upon the signing of the
contract, and such deposit shall be deemed as the contract amount or damage compensation, partially or entirely.
③ Among the travel fee of paragraph 1, Tourist shall pay the remaining amount, exclusive contract deposit, to Travel Agency, on the previous day of the travel departure, at the latest.
④ Tourist shall pay the travel fee of the paragraph 1 through the method designated by travel Agency (credit card payment, overseas transfer, domestic transfer, etc.).
⑤ If the customized tour fee includes the tourist insurance fee, Travel Agency shall provide to Tourist an explanation on insurer name, insurance details, etc.
Article 12 (Travel Condition Change and Settlement of Fee, Etc.)
① Travel conditions stipulated in the aforementioned Article 1 or 11 may be modified to the extent permitted by the following subparagraphs.
1.When both parties agree that such modification is inevitable due to Tourist’s request or local circumstances for the purpose of the safety and protection of Tourist; or
2. When the purpose of the tour cannot be achieved due to natural disaster, war, government order, strike or business shutdown of transportation service provider or lodging operator
② When the travel fee under Article 11(1) is increased or decreased due to the travel condition change of the paragraph 1, a settlement (Refund) shall be made prior to the travel departure for the change occurred thereto or within ten (10) days of the travel termination for the change occurred during the travel.
③ If the travel condition is changed irrespective of the provision under the paragraph 1 or if the damage is incurred due to the contract termination or cancellation in accordance with the provisions of Article 13 or 14, a settlement (refund) shall be made prior to the travel departure for the change occurred thereto or within ten (10) days of the travel termination for the change occurred during the travel.
④ Tourist shall not be able to request a refund for the equivalent sum of the service for which the travel fee is imposed, such as lodging, meal or tour, claiming that he/she has not received such service, if it is due to the reasons attributable to himself/herself after the travel departure, provided, however, that if the tour is ended early, Article 14 shall be applied mutatis mutandis.
Article 13(Contract Termination Prior to Tour Departure)
① Travel Agency or Tourist may cancel this travel contract prior to the travel departure. In this case, any damage incurred shall be compensated in accordance with “Consumer Damage Compensation Policy” (announced by the Ministry of Finance and Economy).
② Travel Agency or Tourist may cancel this travel agreement without having to pay the damage under the paragraph 1 to the other party upon the occurrence of any of the grounds in the following subparagraphs prior to travel departure.
1. Travel Agency shall be entitled to terminate;
A. When the case under Article 12(1)(1) or (2) arises;
B. When it is deemed that Tourist causes an inconvenience to others or his/her actions noticeably impede the smooth execution of the trip;
C. When it is deemed that Tourist is not able to participate in the tour due to the signs of physical disorder, such as disease; or
D. When Tourist fails to pay the travel fee within the deadline stated in the travel contract
2. Tourist shall be entitled to terminate;
A. When the case under Article 12(1)(1) or (2) arises;
B. When the relatives of third degrees or less for Tourist pass away;
C. Tourist is not able to participate in the tour due to the signs of physical disorder, such as disease;
D. When Tourist’s spouse or lineal ascendant(s)/descendant(s) has checked into the hospital (medical institution) for at least three (3) days due to physical disorder and his/her discharge is unlikely prior to travel departure; or
E. When the tour is not able to be executed as scheduled in accordance with the contract due to the reasons attributable to Travel Agency
Article 14(Contract Termination after Travel Departure)
① Travel Agency or Tourist may terminate this agreement after the travel departure on account of inevitable grounds, provided, however, that the damage incurred upon the other party shall be compensated.
② Upon the contract termination upon the occurrence of the paragraph 1, Travel Agency shall cooperate in providing necessary assistance for Tourist’s return, and any necessary expense not arising from the reasons attributable to Travel Agency shall be borne by Tourist.
Article 15(Tour Beginning and End)
A tour shall begin from the kickoff point and it shall end when the tour schedule is completed and Tourist returns to the final destination, provided, however, that the foregoing shall not be applicable to the contract or schedule modification.
Article 16(Explanation Duty)
Travel Agency shall provide an explanation on the important details herein and any amendment thereto in a manner that Tourist can understand.
Article 17(Insurance Subscription, Etc.)
Travel Agency shall subscribe to insurance or a mutual aid association or make a deposit for sales for the insurance payment to Tourist upon the occurrence of damage to Tourist in relation to a tour.
Article 18 (Miscellaneous)
① Any dispute with respect to the matters not stipulated herein or the interpretation of this contract shall be resolved through the agreement between Travel Agency and Tourist, and if such dispute is not resolved in an amicable manner, the relevant laws, regulations and ordinary practices shall be applicable.
② The terms and conditions herein may not be adhered if there is a legitimate ground to do so, such as the travel to a special region.
You must check the following.
Your current reservation is on hold. Our agent will contact you after we check the availability and the fee.
If you fail to make the payment after the reservation confirmation, your reservation will be automatically cancelled.
[Cancellation Policy]For the cancellation, a certain fee shall be deducted for the refund.
* Day Tour and Admission Ticket
- Cancellation of 3 days before: refund after the deduction of 30% of contract amount
- Cancellation of 2 days before: refund after the deduction of 50% of contract amount
- Cancellation of 1 day before or the departure day : no refund
* DLX Tour
- Cancellation of 5 days before : refund of the entire contract amount
- Cancellation of 4~2 days before: refund after the deduction of 10% of contract amount
- Cancellation of 1 day before or the departure day: refund after the deduction of 30% of contract amount
* Medical Tour
- Cancellation of 7 days before : refund of the entire contract amount
- Cancellation of 6~3 days before: refund after the deduction of 30% of contract amount
- Cancellation of 1 day before or the departure day: no refund
※ Attention. Cancellation fee may be different, depending on the business (hotel, etc.). So you must check through our agent for your change/cancellation.
※ Refund and schedule change is received only during the business hours, so please be reminded that it should be made during our business hours.
- Business Hours: Weekdays (Mon~Fri) 09:00~18:00
- Not available for the entire day for Saturdays, Sundays, or national holidays in Korea.
- The aforementioned business hours is based upon KST (UTC+9).